The Canine Massage Guild respect the five freedoms at all times and aim to enhance dogs quality of life by treatment for pain, injury or disease and to give dogs the ability to lead a more comfortable life whilst expressing their normal behaviour free from fear or distress.
- Freedom from hunger or thirst by having ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Freedom to express (most) normal behaviour by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering